Saturday, July 27, 2013

Be-otch IPA

Here is an IPA recipe that I've brewed a few times, it is one of my favorite beers to brew (and drink!).  This is the same IPA that I currently have on tap.  I brewed this batch a few weeks before I started this blog and thought that I ought to share the recipe since I do list it as "on tap".  It has been on tap for a few weeks and is almost gone.  There is something about having beer on tap (particularly IPA) that is just awesome!  The original recipe is from Brew Your Own and was listed as a Blurry Bike IPA clone recipe from Barley's Brewing Co. in Ohio.  The original recipe was for a 5 gallon batch which I scaled up to 6 gallons.  Credits go to my friends Justin and Kendra who named this beer Be-otch IPA while we were on a trip to San Luis Obispo, CA in 2011.

Brew Day: June 9, 2013

Batch Size: 6 gallons

Grains:

14 lbs lbs US 2 row pale malt
0.6 lbs Caramel/Crystal 20L

Hops:

0.60 oz Columbus - First Wort Hops (FWH)
1.80 oz Columbus - 45 minutes
2.40 oz Columbus - 20 minutes
2.40 oz Columbus - 0 minutes
2.40 oz Columbus - Dry hop in secondary fermenter

Yeast:


Mash & Sparge:

Mash 4.8 gallons of water at 150 degree F for 60 minutes (strike temperature of 167 degrees F).  Sparge 4.4 gallons of water at 170 degree F for 60 minutes.

OG = 1.056
FG = 1.016
ABV = 5.24%


No comments:

Post a Comment