Saturday, May 2, 2015

Keiffer Summer Ale

Here's another great recipe from the summer of 2014.  Last year I picked up a six pack of New Belgium Skinny Dip for a camping trip.  It was the perfect beer for drinking at the campsite and relaxing after a long hike.  I decided I needed to find a great clone recipe.  Below is the recipe I used to brew my Skinny Dip clone.  The beer was delicious and its a recipe I plan to brew again soon for some more summer camping.  Enjoy! 

Grains:

9.50 lbs US 2 row Pale Malt
12.0 oz Crystal 10 
4.0 oz Victory Malt

Hops:

0.75 oz Cascade @ 5.5% AA @ 45 minutes remaining
1.0 oz Willamette @ 5.5% AA @ 5 minutes remaining

Additions:

1 Whirlfloc Tablet @ 15 minutes remaining
1 oz Keiffer Lime Leaf @ 0 minutes remaining 

Note:  I used fresh Keiffer lime leaf's since my awesome wife bought a young knifer lime tree.  Keiffer lime leaves can usually be found at an Asian specialty market.

Yeast:

White Labs WLP001 California Ale

Mash & Sparge:

Mash 3.5 gallons of water at 150 degree F for 90 minutes (strike temperature of 167 degrees F).
 
Sparge 4.7 gallons of water at 170 degree F for 60 minutes.  Collect approximately 7 gallons of wort and boil for one hour.  You may need to adjust how much wort is collected based on your system. 

Efficiency = 70%
Batch Size = 5.50 gal
OG = 1.044
FG = 1.010
ABV = 4.45%
IBU = 17
Color = 5.1 SRM

No comments:

Post a Comment