Sunday, August 18, 2013

Central Coast Brewing Co.

My wife and I stopped by Central Coast Brewing in San Luis Obispo last night. As you can see, we had the sampler flight of nine beers.

Sampler Tray at Central Coast Brewing.  In order from back row and left to right, Topless Blonde, Topless Red, Topless Brew-Nette, Golden Glow Pale Ale, Stenner Creek Stout, Rotunda Centennial Session Ale, Luck Day IPA, Terrace Hill Double IPA, and Catch 23. - 8/17/2013
The sampler includes blonde, red, and brown ales, several different pale ales and IPA's, and a stout as well. 

My favorites from this brewery were the Topless Blonde (who doesn't like a topless blond?), Rotunda Session Ale, and Catch 23. 

Topless Blonde - Great, easy drinking beer and very smooth. Sometimes this style can be too sweet for me, but not this one.

Rotunda Session Ale - A very enjoyable pale ale. This beer reminded me a lot of Bitter American from 21st Amendment in San Francisco. 

Rotunda Centennial Session Ale - 8/17/2013
Catch 23 - This was a very interesting beer.  The brewery described it as a Dark Rye IPA.  I was caught off guard by the slight coffee flavor, but I felt that it was well balanced by the hops. This was probably my favorite of the three since I was surprised by the coffee flavor!

Also they had a Tactical Thirst Response Unit, which is awesome....

Mobile Beer Truck! - 8/17/2013
Love mobile beer and the four taps on the side of the truck!!

Great trip!  I will be back to this place next time I'm in SLO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment